Quiz Round 01
- Which Disney film made a staggering $200m loss at the box office in 2012?
- Which Hollywood director made a cameo appearance as the clerk who received Dan Ackroyd and John Belushi’s money at the end of the Blues Brothers?
- What was the name of the bear in Rainbow?
- For what does BAFTA stand?
British Academy of Film and Television Arts
- Who was the commander of Stingray?
- What was the name of the lioness in Born Free?
- Which of the Wombles takes his name from a city in Siberia?
- What was the family surname in the TV series Roseanne?
- What was the name of Boyce’s wife in Only Fools & Horses?
- Mary Alice Young is a fictional character who narrates what TV series?
Quiz Round 02
- Which is the only one of the seven dwarfs without a beard?
- Whose death underpins the TV series Desperate Housewives?
Mary Alice Young
- Who starred opposite Dustin Hoffman in Kramer vs. Kramer?
- Who did Elizabeth Hurley play in Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery?
- For which film did Paul Newman win an Oscar of best actor in 1986?
The Color of Money
- What are the names of Thomas the Tank Engine’s two carriages?
Annie and Clarabel
- Who won an Academy Award for Best Actor in 1996 for the film Shine?
- What vehicle did Penelope Pitstop drive in Wacky Races?
The Compact Pussycat
- Rydell High is the featured school in which film?
- In which fictitious prison was Porridge set?
Quiz Round 03
- Who was the voice behind the cat in Shrek 2?
- In 1999 what film became Tom Hanks’ first sequel?
Toy Story 2
- In which Bond film did Britt Ekland play the character Mary Goodnight?
The Man with the Golden Gun
- Heather, Joshua and Michael were the three main characters in which 1999 film?
The Blair Witch Project
- The children’s TV character Prince Adam of Eternia is better known by what name?
- Who played the role of Tom Hanks’ lover in the film ‘Philadelphia’?
- What 1980 comedy features the character Ted Striker?
- Who provides the voice of Sideshow Bob in ‘The Simpsons’
- What is the name of Dr Evil’s cat in the Austin Powers films?
- What species of creature is Gizmo in the film Gremlins?
Quiz Round 04
- Who hosted A Question of Sport before Sue Ryder?
- Which actor was the first to play Doctor Who?
- The original ‘Back to the Future’ film was set in 1985. Throughout the film trilogy Marty McFly visits 3 other years. Name 2 of them?
1885, 1955, 2015
- For which film did Kate Winslet finally win an Oscar for best actress in 2008?
- In the 2000 film ‘Castaway’, what company does Tom Hanks work for before his plane crashes and he is washed up on a desert island?
- What does Mork (Mork & Mindy) do through his finger after having a drink?
- Who played Commander Kurtz in Apocalypse Now?
- To the nearest million, how much money did Delboy & Rodney get for selling the antique maritime watch they found in a garage? (18th Century Harrison marine watch)
- In the (Daniel Craig) James Bond film ‘Casino Royale’ what is the character name of his main love interest?
- In the Wizard of Oz, what is Dorothy’s surname?
Quiz Round 05
- What was the full title of Police Academy 7?
Police Academy 7: Mission to Moscow
- What is Chandler’s middle name in Friends?
- Angelina Jolie won a Best Supporting Actress Oscar for which 1999 film?
- Who directed Four Weddings and a Funeral?
- What is Michael Douglas’s character name in the 1987 Academy Award winning film Wall Street?
- Who portrayed Ray Charles in the 2004 film Ray?
- Who portrayed Charlie Chaplin in the 1992 file Chaplin?
Robert Downey Jnr
- How many episodes of Fawlty Towers were made?
- In the TV series ‘Blackadder Goes Forth’ which character is played by Tim McInnerny?
- Name the four Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Leonardo, Michelangelo, Raphael, Donatello
Quiz Round 06
What are the names of the doormen in Phoenix Nights?
Max and Paddy
Who is married to the actress Melanie Griffiths?
Who wrote the novel upon which the 1973 film Westworld is based?
James Dean only made three films, name 2 of them.
Giant, Rebel without a Cause, East of Eden
Michael Kitchen plays a detective in which TV series set in Hastings around 1940?
In the 1997 film ‘The Fifth Element’, Bruce Willis is drawn into a search for a legendary cosmic weapon to keep evil at bay. What is his profession in the film?
Andy Millman is the main character in what UK TV series?
In the 1974 big screen adaption of F Scott Fitzgerald’s The Great Gatsby, who played Gatsby?
What ‘high-flying’ fictional character has the middle name Tiberius?
Captain James T Kirk
How many different colour blue peter badges are there?
6 (Blue, Silver, Green, Orange, Gold, Purple)
Quiz Round 07
- What character does Ricky Gervais play in the TV series Extras?
- What is the name of the quizmaster on the TV show ‘Fifteen to One’?
William G Stewart
- Which 1980’s film was based on Philip Dick’s 1968 novel ‘Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep’?
- When Walt Disney’s seven dwarfs went off to work in the mines, what were they mining?
- For what does the ‘T’ stand in James T Kirk?
- What was the name of Tom Cruise’s character in the film Top Gun?
- In the TV series “The Vicar of Dibley”, what is the vicar’s name?
- The TV series “Knot’s Landing” was a spin-off from which other American TV series?
- Marlon Brando was paid $4 million for just ten minutes screen time on which 1978 sci-fi movie?
- What film gave Jack Nicholson his first Oscar in 1975?
One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
Quiz Round 08
- What character does Alison Hannigan play in the TV series, Buffy the Vampire Slayer?
- In what decade did BBC2 begin?
- Which actor has appeared in the most James Bond films?
- Which actor portrayed the character Jor-El (or Superman’s father) in the 1978 film Superman – a role which earned him $4m for just 10 minutes screen time?
- Which film centres on the hunt for pirate ‘One Eyed Willy’s’ treasure?
- Which TV Sitcom featured the neighbours the Leadbetters and the Goods?
The Good Life
- Who did Stephen Spielberg’s originally cast as Indiana Jones, but who was forced to pull-out due to contractual obligations elsewhere?
- In which 1949 film did Alec Guinness play no less than eight different characters?
Kind Hearts & Coronets
- Which actor played Victor Drazen in the final 5 episodes of the first season of 24?
- Who played Officer Stacy Sheridan in the 1980s TV series ‘TJ Hooker’?
Quiz Round 09
- Which character provided the ‘love interest’ for Mr Rigsby (aka Leonard Rossiter) in the 1970s TV sitcom ‘Rising Damp’?
- In the Cliff Richard film ‘Summer Holiday’, to where were they all heading aboard a London bus?
- Which name is missing from the five brothers from the TV puppet series ‘Thunderbirds’ – Alan, John, Scott and Vigil?
- Which actress provided the voice of Jessica Rabbit in the 1988 film, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
- In the TV series, what was the name of Starsky & Hutch’s boss?
- What is the name of the fictional village pub on the TV soap opera Emmerdale?
- In the 1987 film the Witches of Eastwick, which three leading ladies played the witches?
Susan Sarandon, Cher and Michelle Pfeiffer
- In the 2004 film Passion of Christ, who played Mary of Magdalene?
- Which Danny Boyle film won Best Picture at the 2009 Academy Awards?
- What was the name of the rabbit in the TV series The Magic Roundabout?
Quiz Round 10
- Who played the Butler Hobson in the 1981 film Arthur?
Sir John Gielgud
What is the name of Phoebe’s twin sister in Friends?
At the Cannes film festival, which award is given to the best film?
What is the name of Doctor Who’s home planet?
Which two James Bond films featured the character Jaws, played by Richard Kiel?
The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker
In the 1980s TV sitcom The Young Ones, who played the part of landlord Jerry Balowski?
As whom do we better know the fictional Princess Diana, daughter of the Amazonian Queen, Hippolyta?
Wonder Woman (her secret identity being Diana Prince)
The 1922 film Nosferatu focuses on which fictional character?
Who is the dog in Tom & Jerry?
Who played Ross’s second wife in the TV series Friends?
Quiz Round 11
- Now a Hollywood star, who first made her name in a TV series based on novels by H E Bates?
Catherine Zeta Jones
- In the A-Team, what does BA stand for in BA Barracus?
- Who won the very first series of the UK version of Who Wants to be a Millionaire
- Name three of the Von Trapp children from the Sound of Music?
Liesl, Friedrich, Louisa, Kurt, Brigitta, Marta and Gretl
- What were Starsky and Hutch’s first names?
Dave & Ken
- How did Victor Meldrew die in the last episode of ‘One Foot in the Grave’?
Hit by a car
- Who provided the voice of the baby in the film ‘Look who’s talking’?
- Which two films, that each won best picture Oscar’s in the 1990s, have animals in their titles?
Dances with Wolves and Silence of the Lambs
- Which famous actor’s first name means ‘cool breeze over the mountains’ in the Hawaiian language?
- Which cartoon character had an arch enemy called Baron Silas Greenback?
Quiz Round 12
- In what film did Roger Moore play James Bond for the first time?
Live & Let Die
- Name one of Cinderella’s step sisters
Anastasia and Drizella
- Members of which pop group starred in the film ‘Honest’?
- Which pirate’s treasure are the children searching for in the 1985 film The Goonies?
One Eyed Willy
- Who was the first man ever seen on Channel 4?
- The word ‘zorro’ is the Spanish word for what animal?
- Which South American country provides the setting for the climax of the 1969 film Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid?
- What song does the main character wake up to every morning in Groundhog Day?
I got you babe (Sonny & Cher)
- Velma Kelly and Roxie Hart are the protagonists of which Oscar winning movie?
- Name one of the three films that have won all five major Oscars – being Best Picture, Director, Actor, Actress and Screenplay?
It Happened One Night (1934), One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s nest (1975) and Silence of the Lambs (1991)
Quiz Round 13
- Which star of Happy Days has gone on to become a successful film director?
- From which film did the Madonna hit Beautiful Stranger come?
Austin Powers – The Spy Who Shagged Me
- Which female co-presented SM:TV Live, with Ant & Dec?
- From March 2009, how many films are nominated each year for a Best Picture Academy Award?
- To win the top prize, how many questions do you have to get right on Who Wants to be a Millionaire? (hint: the format changed in 2007)?
12 (500, 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 50, 75, 100, 250, 500, 1000)
- Which actor is famous for portraying the character Freddy Kruger in the Nightmare on Elm Street films?
- Is the name of the cinema chain ODEON a) an acronym, b) the surname of the founder c) named after a dog?
a) Acronym – Oscar Deutsch Entertains Our Nation
- What cult 1960s show featured TV’s first inter-racial kiss?
- What is the name of the bespectacled, intelligent, plain girl in Scooby Doo?
- What was the name of the Ewing’s ranch in Dallas?
Quiz Round 14
- Who composed the music for such blockbusters as Star Wars, Raiders of the Lost Ark and Superman?
- Name one of the two adult dalmatians in 101 Dalmatians?
Pongo & Perdita
- What TV character had catch-phrases including “Drink!”, “Feck!”, “Arse!” and “Girls!”?
- Which actor, later quiz game show host, portrayed the character of James Bond in a radio production of Moonraker in 1956 – some 11 years before David Niven appeared on screen in the spoof version of Casino Royale?
- Complete the opening line to each episode of the children’s TV show Charlie & Lola. “I have this little sister Lola, she is small and ……..”
- Which actor replaced David Tennant as the Doctor in Doctor Who?
- Which 1979 film was advertised with the tagline “In space, no one can here you scream”?
- Anthony Stark is the alter-ego of which super-hero?
- How many boxes are used in the UK version of Deal or No Deal?
- What war was the TV series M*A*S*H centred around?
Quiz Round 15
- In which city are the Dirty Harry films set?
- How many series of the TV Series Friends were there?
10 (236 episodes)
- Who played the Prince Regent in Blackadder the Third?
- What is Postman Pat’s surname (Clue: Also the name of a Bristol suburb?)
- In the film ‘The Great Escape’ what were the code names of the 3 tunnels?
Tom, Dick and Harry
- Which actor plays the majority of D’Ascoyne characters in the 1949 black comedy Kind Hearts & Coronets?
- Which actor was a member of both the Dirty Dozen and The Magnificent Seven?
- On TV, what is Father Ted’s Surname?
- In which film did the wind from the subway blow up Marilyn Monroe’s dress?
The Seven Year Itch
- In The Simpsons, what is the name of the supermarket run by Apu?
Quiz Round 16
- What programme topped the British TV ratings every year from 1979 to 1989?
- What type of creature is Danger Mouse’s trusty sidekick, Penfold?
- What is the name of the Heartbeat spin-off series set in a hospital?
- Who played Janet in the rock horror picture show?
- Name the 1983 film about a teenager computer whiz who triggers a nuclear confrontation
- Which of the Muppets did a stand-up comedy routine which tended not to be particularly good?
- Which television series is set in the fictional William McKinley High School, Lima, Ohio?
- David Dickinson is a television expert on which subject?
- Who was the very first winner of Big Brother in the UK?
- What item is picked out in red in the otherwise black and white Schindler’s List?
Quiz Round 17
- Who is the only person to have appeared in more than 30 Alfred Hitchcock films?
- In the chick flick Dirty Dancing, what is Baby’s real name?
- What pseudonym did TV/film makers often use when they didn’t want their names to appear in the credits of a film (i.e. they wanted to disown a project)? Used between 1968 and 2000 was it a) David Jobson b) Nigel Otmine c) Alan Smithee
c) Alan Smithee (used in c.24 films and many TV series)
- What is the only film to have won all 11 Academy Awards in the 11 categories for which it was nominated?
Return of the King (Lord of the Rings part 3)
- Which three actors played the Three Amigos in the 1986 film?
Chevy Chase, Steve Martin and Martin Short
- In the film Reservoir Dogs, which of Mr Orange, Mr Blue, Mr Pink and Mr Blonde is not killed?
- Who plays Charles Xavier in the film X-Men: First Class?
- Which TV sitcom centred on the fictional company Wernham Hogg Paper Company?
- Who shot to fame in the 1980s TV show 21 Jump Street?
- Gene Rodenberry created which cult TV series?